11. Betting Strategy
To achieve even a modest return on your bets, you need to develop a worthwhile Betting Strategy for yourself, the essentials of which are as follows:
- Using a good Selection System is the number one step to soccer betting success. Of course, you should validate the performance of any Selection System before you decide to buy into it.
- Remember though that even good Selection Systems will have some rough sailing, so don't get disheartened if things look a little bleak at times. If the overall track record of the System looks good, stick with it when the going gets tough; don't be tempted to deviate from what you know has worked well in the past.
- Adopting a sensible Staking Plan is also crucial, and hedge betting is prudent. However, buying so-called Staking Plan "secrets" is a waste of good money; you would be better off investing in a good Selection System first.
- Identifying near enough "Value Bets" is essential for long-term betting success.
- "Catch-up" staking plans (such as using the "Martingale" system) will inevitably prove suicidal.
Accumulator betting with Fixed Odds exposes the bettor to severe financial penalties unless strategic hedge betting is employed. Asian Handicap Betting pays much better against accumulators, but the drawback is that you will need to know a lot about each team's relative strengths; if you don't, then you are just back into a roulette type of gambling scenario.
Of course, there is far more to successful soccer betting than the simple list set out above, but all you have to do is read on in order to find the advice you need!